Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Weekly Check-In: 5 Weeks

Stats:


How far along: 
5 weeks
How big is baby: Appleseed
Your embryo (looking kind of like a tadpole) is starting to form major organs (heart, kidney, liver, stomach) and systems (nervous, circulatory, digestive). Baby's presence in your uterus triggers production of hCG (the hormone detected by pregnancy tests)... which triggers production of other hormones like estrogen and progesterone... which trigger all those great symptoms you've probably been noticing!



Total weight gain:
 So far 0lbs. But I'm sure that won't last for long! I'm hoping to just gain 15 lb.
Maternity clothes?
Truthfully, yes. I know it's pretty sad, but my other pants won't fit. I feel pretty redonkulous wearing maternity pants at only 5 weeks.
Belly button in or out?
In
Sleep: 
Constantly. I'm so tired!
Best moment of the week: 
Doctor confirmation
Food cravings: 
Salads just like last time I was in first tri :)
Food aversions: 
Meat really bothers me. 
Symptoms: 
Gas (yeah I know, but its the truth), Nausea/Vomiting (aka Morning Sickness--which I DIDNT have with Roo), Sore BB's, and headaches, twinges/dull cramps
Movement: 
Not even close!
Gender: 
Hoping for a girl :) But a boy would be great too. I have a feeling its a girl...just like when I had Gabe. But maybe it's just the desire, haha
What I'm looking forward to: 
Listening to it's heartbeat so I know it's okay. I hate this part of pregnancy when I have no clue whats going on in there. 
What I miss: 
Not feeling nauseous all.the.time.
Milestones:
Being Pregnant!
Next appointment: 
September 26th at 1:20pm. I'll be a few days shy of 7 weeks. EEKKKK!

No comments:

Post a Comment