Thursday, September 15, 2011

16 months!?!?!

I guess it's better late than never. Gabe turned 16 months on Saturday, Sept. 11th. I can't believe he's growing up so quickly.

I measured him on his new height chart. 33 1/2 inches tall. Umm WHAT?!?!?! Yep He's grown almost two full inches in a month. Talk about growth spurt. I haven't weighed him, but I would say he is around 34lbs. He was 32.5lb. He wears 3t shirts and 24/2t pants. And is in a 6 1/2 shoe, but I'm thinking by December it's going to be a 7 1/2. Whew....

What he's doing: Oh my, so much stuff. He climbs onto and into everything now. He will put his hand down on the ground to do a "head stand". And he points to things he is wanting. He loves to play peek-a-boo and will often cover himself up now. It's really funny when he does it with our curtains, since you can see through them already. But you see his big grin right before he goes "ahh" and moves the curtain, like "haha you can't see me, but I can see you and I'm going to scare you!"
He loves to feed the dog piece by piece of Wiggles' food, and laughs hysterically while doing it. He also likes to chase Wiggles and laughs even more when Wiggles gets upset. And lastly he loves to play fetch with Wiggles even though he usually throws the toy two feet away and right in front of Wiggles.
He's running like a champ. He points, claps, waves hi and bye, and is starting to use a fork, and can give a mean high five. He's also completely on sippies!!! Can we get a amen! He also will give lots of kisses, Boink your head (head butt, but softly), and snuggle when you ask him for it.

Words he's saying: Dada, Mama, Doggie, Up, No, Maaaa (Grandma), Hiya, ohhhhh, Owie, Uh-oh oh oh. He has started saying baybee (baby), but doesn't say it consistently. He understands a lot more words then he is able to say. For instance, when you say lets go night night he runs back into his room and gets ready to put on Pj's.

Foods
--Likes: Chicken Nuggets, Squash, Sweet Potatoes, Fries, Pizza, Spegetti, Ravioli's
--A lot of things. haha. He can be a picky eater a lot of the time, and will only eat a few bites. Pretty much anything slimmy or has a different type of texture. He loves cheese, but will spit it out after awhile of chewing on it.

He can throw a mean tantrum, and does it at least twice if not three times a day. And boy does he like to hit. He'll scream "NOOOOOO!" then bunch up his fist... wait to see if I'll react, then swats/punches me in the face or chest. Then waits again to see if I'll react. Ugh...I hate those tantrums!

I've found out not to leave Tigger anywhere, because he has been having a horrible time falling asleep without his Tigger. Boy he loves his Tigger. But, Elmo is sufficing right now, luckily.

His surgery is scheduled for October 7th at 7:30am. He is going to have tubes put in his ears, adenoidectomy (adenoids taken out, so he'll be able to breath through his nose) anfrenotomy (getting his ankyloglossia...aka tongue-tie clipped). It seems like a lot for a 16 month little boy. And I'm probably going to be a wreck when they take him from me. But he'll be in good hands, and hopefully it'll be a quick procedure. It'll be outpatient so we will be able to bring him home and comfort him. My mom is going to come down the night before the surgery and will be there until Sunday night or Monday morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment