Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Weekly Check-In: 19 Weeks

Stats:

How far along: 
19 weeks
How big is baby: Mango (Yummy)

Vernix caseosa, a greasy white substance made of lanugo, oil and dead skin cells (yum) now coats baby's skin, shielding it from the amniotic fluid. (Picture yourself after a nine-month bath, and the need for protection makes sense.) You might actually get to see the vernix at birth, especially if baby is premature.

Total weight gain:
+8.5 pounds: Yep you read that right, I've only gained 1 pound in a month :)
Maternity clothes?
Yep!
Belly button in or out?
Starting to get shallow
Sleep: 
Everyday changes. I rarely can sleep in though, even with Gabe does....it's like an automatic timers goes off and I'm awake for the rest of the day.
Best moment this week:
Finding out I have a daughter :) Things couldn't be more perfect...
Food cravings: 
Biggest craving right now is milk. I drank a half gallon in about 2 hours the other day. YUMMY (I hate milk when I'm not pregnant, and rarely--if ever drink it)
Food aversions: 
Carbonated drinks. The previous ones are slowly dissipating. Sometimes fried foods are yummy, sometimes they aren't, same goes with meat. I'm not huge on chocolate, BUT I've eaten a lot of ice drizzled in it :)
Symptoms: 
I'm starting to feel pretty normal again. I guess any symptoms would be: growing belling, food aversions/cravings, movement, fatigue, and swelling. Oh and some days are better then others with hip pain, but that sciatica is pretty much gone.
Movement: 
Slight movements every once in awhile...I mostly feel a pushing sensation like she is pushing again the wall of my abdomen trying to make room for herself... I also found out that my placenta is anterior, which is why I'm not really feeling any huge kicks, rolls, or punches just yet.
Gender: 
ALL GIRL!!!!! :-)
What I'm looking forward to: 
Making it to 20 weeks (half way point), then making it to v-day! It's so crazy it's only 5 weeks away!!!
What I miss: 
Not feeling so fat, being able to sleep better, and not feeling so worn out and lazy.
Milestones:
Hearing her heartbeat, starting to feel movement, finding out it's a healthy, but shy little girl.
Next appointment: 
January 16th @ 12:20pm---last appt. before the dreaded glucose test appt... blah.

No comments:

Post a Comment