Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Weekly Check-In: 17 Weeks

Stats:

How far along: 
17 weeks
How big is baby: Onion
Baby's skeleton is hardening, changing from rubbery cartilage to bone, and fat is finally accumulating around it. The umbilical cord is getting thicker and stronger, and those little fingers and toes are now topped by one-of-a-kind prints.


Total weight gain:
+7.5 pounds (I refuse to weigh myself at home--although I know I've gained some fluid already)
Maternity clothes?
Yep!
Belly button in or out?
In, but getting less deep
Sleep: 
Actually getting better. Sciatica (or whatever the heck that was) doesn't really bother me too much right now. Not sure if it's because I'm getting used to it or it's not pinched. I also have been doing pelvic tilts per my OB, and that has made it help A LOT! I also don't wake up to pee anymore except when I wake up in the morning. The only thing that irritates me is if I wake up, then I'm awake....regardless if I want to go back to sleep or not, I just lay there and think...and think.... and then it's over.
Best moment this week:
Hitting single digits to finally see our wee one on the ultrasound. Getting some hard kicks finally.

Food cravings: 
Biggest craving that I have on a daily basis and could if a whole 12 pack box of in less than 20 minutes: Fruit by the foot. Yep... weird I know... but I CAN'T get enough of the stuff! YUMMMMM!
Food aversions: 
Chocolate, onions, fried foods, meat. Oh and carbonation. Yep, you read that right. Anything with carbonation not only makes me gag, but also gives me horrible stomachaches. Boooo....
Symptoms: 
Sciatica (although it's getting better with the pelvic tilts my OB suggested), RLP, slight nausea with the food aversions I have, still have fatigue but it's getting better.
Movement: 
Yep! I've started getting some rolls and some kicks, but still not frequent.
Gender: 
Thinking it's a girl, but trying not to get my hopes up!
What I'm looking forward to: 
Anatomy Scan by far. It's Dec. 16th at 2pm. But it'll be a secret until our family Christmas :-)... I'll be 18w2d
What I miss: 
Being able to walk without constant pain.
Milestones:
4 months down; 5 months to go; feeling small kicks, listening to it's wonderful heartbeat.
Next appointment: 
Anatomy Scan is Dec. 16th @2pm; Next Dr. appt is Dec. 19@12:20pm

No comments:

Post a Comment