Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Weekly Check-In: 18 Weeks

Stats:

How far along: 
18 weeks
How big is baby: Sweet Potato
Your fetus has become amazingly mobile (at least compared to you), passing the hours yawning, hiccuping, rolling, twisting, kicking, punching, sucking and swallowing. And, baby's finally big enough that you'll be able to feel those movements soon.


Total weight gain:
+7.5 pounds (I refuse to weigh myself at home--although I know I've gained some fluid already)
Maternity clothes?
Yep!
Belly button in or out?
Starting to get shallow
Sleep: 
Everyday changes. I rarely can sleep in though, even with Gabe does....it's like an automatic timers goes off and I'm awake for the rest of the day.
Best moment this week:Will be Friday when I can see our little one for the FIRST time!!!
Food cravings: 
Fruit by the Foot; McChickens; Oh and I tried these things called Taki's--its a very spicy mexican chip....amazing
Food aversions: 
Chocolate, onions, fried foods, meat. Oh and carbonation. Yep, you read that right. Anything with carbonation not only makes me gag, but also gives me horrible stomachaches. Boooo....
Symptoms: 
I'm starting to feel pretty normal again. I guess any symptoms would be: growing belling, food adversions/cravings, movement, fatigue, and swelling. Oh and somedays are better then others with hip pain, but that sciatica is pretty much gone.
Movement: 
Yep! I've started getting some rolls and some kicks, but still not frequent. The other day it felt like s/he was using my cervix as a trampoline... What an odd feeling since Gabe never did that... this one must be pretty low.
Gender: 
Thinking it's a girl, but trying not to get my hopes up!
What I'm looking forward to: 
Our Anatomy Scan on FRIDAY!!!!! First and foremost knowing it's healthy, then knowing if its BLUE or PINK
What I miss: 
Not feeling so fat, being able to sleep better, and not feeling so worn out and lazy.
Milestones:
Hearing the heartbeat, feeling movement, getting to 4 1/2 months.... this pregnancy is going so fast.
Next appointment: 
Anatomy Scan is Friday @ 2pm; Next Dr. appt is Dec. 19@12:20pm

No comments:

Post a Comment