Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Weekly Check-In: 34 Weeks!!


Stats:
How far along: 
34 weeks

How big is baby: Durian Fruit
At 34 weeks, you might breathe a little easier, since baby may descend lower into your pelvis and give your lungs some space. (Ahh!) The pitfall of this descent, of course, is even more pressure on your bladder, so be prepared to make even more trips to the ladies room over the coming weeks.

Total weight gain:
+26.5 pounds (Yes that was a 4lb increase--but really only 1 pound since I lost right??)
Maternity clothes?
Yep!
Belly button in or out?
OUT and it hurts... I seem to catch it on almost everything!
Sleep:
I seriously don't want to talk about it. I swear I'll get more sleep when she comes (unless she wakes up every 15-30minutes) then I have for the past month or so... Yeah I'm a bit bitter.
Best moment this week: 
A tiny preview of baby girls head and femur--she is head down. *More on this in a bit*
Food Cravings: 
Strawberries & Pumpkin Seeds... 
Food Aversions:
Carbonated beverages.
Symptoms: 
Insomnia, lower back and hip pain (to the point where I can't walk in the morning), crazy dreams, hemorrhoids, and all the other usuals. Heartburn is back with a vengeance...even taking zantac twice a day--I'm still having to pop tums..boo.. but hopefully that means she has just as much or MORE hair then our Gabriel did. :-) She has hiccups all.the.time!!!! Also started having BH contractions...and some real ones too.
Movement: 
She's my strong crazy girl. She usually keeps my belly looking all crazy and lopsided. She loves curling into the left side, but I don't get much kicks anymore because she's SOOOO BIG. So I usually just see her movements and feel her rolling moving legs and arms. She has TONS of hiccups, which Gabe had a lot of them too. I don't remember Gabe's being sooo powerful, because hers hurt sometimes. 

Gender: 
Miss Kellie Rain
What I'm looking forward to: 
Gabe's reaction to his sister. He loves babies, and I think he knows one is coming soon.  *More on this too in a bit* 

What I miss: 
Sleep, Energy, Fitting into clothes....

Milestones:
3 weeks until Full Term! Ack!!!! 6 weeks until EDD!!!
Next appointment: 
April 16th @ 10:50am!!! :-)

Okay, so the ultrasound. It was kinda an undercover mission. You see I went to my last appt (April 2nd) and my fundal height measured 39 weeks! YES...you read that right! 5 weeks ahead of what it's suppose to read. I asked Doc if he would do an ultrasound (I really don't want to be the next news story wth a 14lb baby) and he said it wasn't necessary--it could just be how she is positioned. This annoyed me since you are suppose to check the baby's weight/measurements/fluid level  if you are +/- 2 or more weeks. I've been consistently measuring a few weeks ahead and then a couple of months ago I measured 5 weeks ahead--then the last 3 appts. I've been measuring 3 weeks ahead--until last appt. I measured 5 weeks ahead again. Doc says it could just be how baby is positioned... but still really?!?! So anyways....I go into the ER (to work) that day, a few of my co-workers ask when I'm due. I tell them 6 1/2 weeks (which is was at the time) and that my fundal height measured 39 weeks (blah blah blah about not getting an ultrasound--yeah I was frustrated). So one of the nurses calls the hospital Doc who does the ultrasounds--asks if he'll take a peek, and voila...got to see a few glimpses of the baby. Only her head, which is wedged deep into my pelvis, and one of her legs. Her legs are actually measuring behind--but so did Gabe's because well--they are being graced with my short sausage legs.
Also, the past couple of nights Gabe hasn't wanted to just go to bed. I don't know if he knows that it's like SOOON--or if he knows it may be sooner than SOOOOON... but he wants to lay in bed with us for a good hour--just snuggling, giggling, and cuddling some more. If it's going to be sooner than SOOOON I would prefer she waits at LEAST 2 weeks--if not 3. After 3 she is allowed to come at anytime (besides on Gabe's birthday). If she wants to make an appearance early--then no earlier then 2 weeks... 


No comments:

Post a Comment