Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Gabriel: 23 Months!

Okay so I guess I'm horrible when it comes to a monthly update on Gabe. I just never know what to say!

I can't believe today he is one month shy of his 2nd birthday! Where has this time gone? Where is the little baby we brought back from the hospital???

I posed this question to Josh and his response...life. Doctors appts, working overtime, working period--just life. It makes me so sad--wondering what we most likely missed. We did see all of his "firsts", but now he's having a word explosion--it's like where did THAT come from?? I would list his words--but I don't even know if I could name them all.

Here is a list of the most used words/phrases:
no, hi, bye, daddy, hello, shoes, dona (sedona--my mom's dog), see you later, oh dear, oh boy, baby, godoe (Mickey mouse), love you, tigger, jump, beep, choo choo, wowee, juice, cheese, tickle, wiggle, bang, what's that, there it is, boo, uh oh...

Like I said--there are more, but off the top of my head, those are the ones he uses most. Notice how there isn't a mommy one?? Yeah he just whines when he wants me...never really says mommy a whole lot--although he does say it on occasion--when I'm not around.

Oh and the boy counts to 5 now. Yes....5. I'm not sure how or where he learned it but he can count to 5. And not just saying the words--but actually picking things up and counting them as he does so...

He also knows his ears, eyes, nose--and will point and say them.

I'm not sure how tall he is or how much he weighs--that will come next month. At his 21 month check up he was 36 1/2 inches tall and 34 1/2 pounds. So I'm guessing he's about 38 1/2 inches and 36 1/2 pounds??? He feels sooo much heavier than that though! He is already in a size 10 shoe, which seems quite ridiculous! He's got some huge feet. He wears 3t pants and 4t shirts--which also seems ridiculous, since he's not even two yet and by clothing measurements should still be in 18-24 month clothing.

He is super nice and will share his toys with anyone and waits patiently to take turns. He loves riding rocking horses, and currently is in the stage of what we do he wants to do. He mows the lawn with his lawn mower when Josh mows--he LOVES to help me cook. He's really a great kid.

When it comes to discipline--it really depends on the day of what will work. Usually, just getting a stern voice does well or counting up to 3..he never gets past 2, which is good because I'm not sure what we would do if he got to 3 lol... We've also put him in timeout for 2 minutes, but that's horrible for him--so it's only when he really isn't following instruction well. A few times we've had to swat his butt--and that's when he's decided running out into the road is a great idea. And funny thing is--it doesn't really phase him. So we never resort to it. I also usually kept a smartie candy in my pocket for grocery time and such... makes life a lot easier.

He sleeps from 11:30pm to 10:30am (sometimes later)...and ALWAYS has to have tigger, scout, and now his turtle that glows with him in bed--plus his favortie blankie.

Tigger goes with him every where. And I mean everywhere....the bath, daycare, bed, the store--everywhere.

Here are a few pictures of him acting silly--as usual:

"Cheese"

He's being one with the truck...




No comments:

Post a Comment