Thursday, May 3, 2012

Weekly Check-In: 38 Weeks!

Stats:
How far along: 
38 weeks

How big is baby: Pumpkin
At 38 weeks, baby’s probably sitting pretty low in your pelvis, which means he’s bumping into all kinds of nerves down there -- including some pretty sensitive ones you might not know you had..

Total weight gain:
+29 pounds (I gained one pound--awesome)
Doesn't it seem kinda screwed up that the week I eat pretty much fruits for breakfast, lunch, and dinner (and the healthy fruits at that--watermelon and strawberries mainly) I gain 8lb... but when I drink soda and eat fried foods I gain only a pound. How is that possible???

Maternity clothes?
Yes and no...I wear what fits pretty much...

Belly button in or out?
It sticks out like a sore thumb, and hurts like one too!

Sleep:
Insomnia has hit. It used to be that I would go to bed way earlier then Josh... not it's vice versa. Last night I think I finally fell asleep a little after 4am, then woke up at 8, 9, 10, 11... and then finally Gabe woke up and I stayed up. I get up to pee constantly, I toss and turn constantly... ugh! Not fun!!!!

Best moment this week: 
Finding out that I will most likely be induced Friday or Monday. I'm hoping Friday because my blood pressure has been elevated... and it's not really going up or down with rest. I'm going to call the doctor first thing in the morning to try to go in tomorrow afternoon... otherwise I have an appt. Friday.

Food Cravings: 
Anything that goes in my mouth...

Food Aversions:
None at this point

Symptoms: 
Insomnia, lower back and hip pain (to the point where I can't walk in the morning), crazy dreams, hemorrhoids, and all the other usuals. Heartburn is back with a vengeance...even taking zantac twice a day--I'm still having to pop tums..boo.. but hopefully that means she has just as much or MORE hair then our Gabriel did. :-) She has hiccups all.the.time!!!! Also having contractions...

Movement: 
I feel every.single.movement. I seriously felt her breathing the other day. Her back is right up against my hip and lower left abdomen. I woke up and had my hand right there and I could feel it going up and down like breathing...I'm not crazy, promise.

Gender: 
Miss Kellie Rain
What I'm looking forward to: 
Seeing what she looks like!!!! AHHHh I hope she has lots of black hair, I hope she's just as beautiful as Gabe was he was born. I still can't fathom being a mommy to a little girl. Having a daughter! EEEKKKK! 

What I miss: 
Normal life...haha. I want to not be emotional, moody, huge, tired, sleepless. I want to do more with Gabe--and I can't wait to get him for 6 weeks and start the beginnings of our family of 4. 

Milestones:
I'm officially 1 week more pregnant then I've ever been in my life :)

Next appointment: 
May 4th @ 2:20pm UNLESS I can get in tomorrow, which I'm hoping I can.


No comments:

Post a Comment